Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Looming fun

At 16 I saw my first knitting loom in a store being demonstrated. Wow, they were expensive. I looked at it and thought yeah, I can do that. I went home and made me a knitting loom. I made it long enough to make an afghan. I didn't have to buy yarn due to me already knitting & crocheting.I knew once I figured out how to use this knitting loom I could make all kinds of kool things with it. I'm a fast learner lol. I loomed all kinds of thing for everyone. In May of 07 Hubby and I went to Wally World (wal mart) and I found a Knifty Knitter kit of 4 round looms for only 12.00. So I got back into doing looming after all those years. I have been having so much fun with these looms. I checked out loom knitting on Yahoo Groups and found there are a lot of great groups devoted to it. One thing led to another and here I am. I was self taught on my long loom but had never learned how to read a pattern or what the stiches were called. I'm learning all that now.
Now I have the knifty knitter long loom set and a second set of round ones.
I love working with yarn. All kinds of crafts but especially those involving yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made your own loom at 16? How? What did it look like?

I'd never even heard of loom knitting until last year when a friend saw me teaching her daughter to finger knit. She said "Wait...I've got something in the closet and I think it must work like that!" She pulled out an unopened set of Knifty Knitters and since then I've been hooked.

Amazing what you did with Robin's sundae pattern, Wanda. Very creative!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.